The York Family Eight

The York Family Eight

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Gentleness and Meekness

I am always desiring to learn more about how to become a woman who pleases God, especially as a Godly mother. I have always read about having a meek and gentle spirit but was not sure what that looked like and how to put it into practice. I have learned a few things along the way, 5 kiddos helps you learn real quick, and realized that the gentle spirit is what a mother needs to train up her children. It is amazing the difference training and discplining can be when I am gentle and meek and not just a drill sargeant, which is what I tend to be at times.

In Eph 4:2 Paul urges us to live a life worthy of the calling we have received. My calling is motherhood and cultivating a spirit of gentleness is so important to this calling. I have seen the difference in the response from my children when I have a gentle voice and am calm and kind, they reflect a desire to obey and listen to my instruction. If I am to share Christ with my children, I am to take up my cross daily and model Him in all areas of my life. This includes making a choice to be gentle - Bill has to remind me that I am drilling out orders sometimes :).

I have a great podcast to share from Homemakers by Choice regarding this topic. It has some great application lessons on gentleness. I encourage you to listen, it was such a blessing to me.

My link is not working, you will need to paste this into your browser -

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Homemakers_By_Choice/archives.asp?bcd=2008-10-2

No comments: