The York Family Eight

The York Family Eight

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bags and more bags


I have a weakness - I like bags. Ok, I have more weaknesses, but this one can cause problems. First off, because of this weakness I have a bag restriction from my husband. Now before you think, hey that's not fun, or nice or whatever, I appreciate this restriction! It reminds me to think before I buy, and to be a better steward of what I already have. My husband knows me and my weaknesses, plus he knows how many bags I already have :), and so his helpful restrictions are such a blessing to me. Thanks honey!

Now this is a side note here - This past summer, (hey it's Fall now - it even rained this morning), Beckie Woodfield tagged me and I'm supposed to tell of six unremarkable quirks about myself. Becka Jayne Photography: Tagged!
So this is the first unremarkable quirk - I'm a bag lady, any type too (I am weird), from the recycle type to purses, etc. And it's not really the purses, just bags in general. I know weird... I don't even understand it myself. It must be the fact that I have to carry a lot with me to manage my little ones and I like to be somewhat prepared, thus the need for a bag. But the prettier ones just get me, and I have to fight the flesh to just buy them. (Now I have 5 more quirks to post).

Now back to why I wrote this in the first place - besides being adult conversation deprived at times and needing to write out my thoughts...

The problem with a lot of bags is I do not have a good place to store them. Now it sounds like I have a ton - which I do but don't. I need your help and ideas in creating an organized place to put my bags of many colors so they are not laying around making my office a mess and so I can see them and utilize them better.
So tell me what you think and please give me some ideas for better storage, please please! (I know there are some super organized ladies out there who have some great ideas they would love to share)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some great responses. I need some advice in this area as well. I don't have a ton, but a few and I have no idea how to store them...so they are shoved in random places! I love bags too. It must come with "mom" territory. Either that, or I am a compulsive over-packer!-Tai

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a bag person, but then I'm not much of a shopper. But if there is a problem with excess bags and one may need to purge a bit, I could maybe come over to do that kind of shopping. I have found myself in situations that if having a bag to stuff a bunch of stuff would make things a bit easier. But the times I've gone to Target to get one, they are a bit, a bit not really mea and they scare me. There is my "help" for organizing. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, just had a real thought (goofy though). (Oh, in my previous post I really was just kidding.) Lots of hooks and hang them on a wall -- "Wall Art". [hee-hee] Told ya it was goofy/cheesey)