The York Family Eight

The York Family Eight

Saturday, September 13, 2008

What we did this week

I don't have pictures for this post, just some funny things the kids have said and done. First off is Geneve, oh little Geneve... My little sweetheart is going through a thing where she is taking off all of her clothes plus her diaper during her naps, which tends to cause problems when your child is not potty trained. So after a day of changing wet bedding, and finding a little girl smiling and soooo pleased with herself, I had had it and walked straight to the garage for the duct tape and scissors. Yep, I taped the diaper on. The roll of tape is now sitting next to the diaper station and is a necessity during changes. Although it is a little hard to get that thing off now, I had to use the scissors. But you have to place the tape on just so, because she shimmied out of one and got that thing off, and you know the rest. Oh, little Geneve. She is a fun one.

Next is Robert. He has had a little fever this week so I have had him resting on the couch taking it easy. Some of his funny sayings which you would have to hear to appreciate, I'll try to do them justice... He has told William that he likes being sick - Bill overheard this one and it made me laugh, I mean who wouldn't when mommy carries you around and snuggles you, lets you watch movies, caters to your every desire, etc. etc. I think I would like it too. He will also let you know that he has the "foo." You just have to hear how he says it, it is so cute, "I have the foo." We are not sure it is the foo, but he thinks it is because he heard cousin Joseph had it. So Robbie has the foo too.

Little ones, you have to love this age, you never know what they are going to say or do, it's an unending adventure. I love it. Thank you Lord for these precious little ones!

No comments: