The York Family Eight

The York Family Eight

Monday, September 15, 2008

Big Trees


My sweetheart and I got a chance to get away a few weeks ago and I am finally posting it now. I tend to get sidetracked and a little busy with the schedule here in homeschooling mom world. Did I say sidetracked? Now where was I? Yes, our trip. We went to a lovely bed and breakfast, The Black Bear Inn, in Arnold, CA. It is very picturesque and they serve an awesome breakfast! (Do people use the word Awesome anymore? I am behind in the times).
We went to the state park and visited the "Big Trees." It was beautiful. The trees are so big! God's creation is breathtaking. It was so nice to enjoy the surroundings, the smells and the sounds of the little critters. Very peaceful.


Here I am standing on a platform they made out of one of the tree stumps, it was impressive.


We hiked down to the river, (well, it was a rugged staircase that ended mid-way and you had to climb over some rocks to get to the edge).



I loved looking up!










1 comment:

mariel said...

I haven't been by in a while, I will come by more often...these pics are incredible!! The pics of your little ones in the sidebar are beautiful, too! Oh, and I love looking up, too ;) Colossians 3:2!!

blessings and thanks for 'following' my blog!