The York Family Eight

The York Family Eight

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's School Time

We have started back into the swing of things with homeschool. I thought I would teach all summer and continue through, but with our new addition my plans did not quite work out. But considering it was summer, and I knew I had a lot of flexibility, so we worked on assignments about 2-3 days out of the week. Sometimes it was only one day a week :). Well the kids are being merged back into the full work week which means no DVD's during the day and staying on task with their assignments until they are completed or Mom is satisfied with the effort :). I would have to say that I am easing them back in...we started two weeks ago and I have gradually added in an additional day, etc. etc. This week we cut out the movies completely - again, we have been slowly weaning off of them these past weeks, I am not that mean :). I have given the kiddies an incentive of working hard during the week with school and chores and then they can watch a show on Saturday. I think if I allowed, they could watch movies all day! In addition to playing too.
Overall we have had a nice summer. The kids had a blast with playing in the sprinklers when it was hot, we had nice relaxed enjoyable days. It is nice though to get back into our structured routine though and everyone is doing well with the adjustments, only a few complaints here and there.
God is so good, he makes each season such a perfect length that you start looking forward to the next one right before it comes.
Well, on another note, soon to come will be wonderful pictures of the family ala Beckie Woodfield. We will be taking photos with her this Thursday and I am excited to see how they turn out! She does such wonderful work!

Now for some more oldie pictures...



No comments: